40 years experience
Ask Free Question
Swine flu is caused by h1n1 virus. More serious than normal seasonal flu. It is an air borne infection and spreads through the talking/sneezing / coughing of infected individual)- normal flu- byinfluenza/h4n2 virus
swine flu symptoms
1. Fever, cough
2. Nasal congestion, sore throat
3. Headache, myalgia, fatigue, dyspnoea (shortness of breath)
4. Vomiting, diarrhea
5. Pneumonia and respiratory failure (in severe cases). Prevention
1. Avoid over crowding places and avoid contact with infected patients
2. Avoid sharing food, linen, utensii with infected patient
3. Frequently wash your hands with soap and water
4. Use face mask while going to crowed places
5. When coughing orsneezing, cover your mouth/nose with tissue pape and dispose of used tissue paper promptly and carefully. Put them in a bag and throw in dust bin.
6. Clean hard surfaces like door handle, electrical switches/taps/toilet flush/telephone receivers/computer key board etc frequently.
7. Frequently touched items like mobile/telephones etc should be cleaned with disinfectant.
You found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.