I have filling in my tooth, but still I feel sensation. What to do? Should I go for root canal treatment? I even had a medicated teeth wash, is it harmful for teeth or has any effect in future?

I have filling in my tooth, but still I feel sensation. W...
Hi lybrate-user, in case you are feeling sensitivity or pain your filled tooth, it may be possible that there may be an underlying infection in the tooth. It is possible, but not necessary that you may have to undergo a root canal treatment. I advise that you visit your dentists at the earliest, before the problem worsens. Use of mouthwashes is usually not harmful, but it actually depends on which mouthwash you are using.
Sensitivity can be due to gum problem for which you got scaling treatment. Scaling treatment is safe and is advisable to repeat every 6 months if sensitivity is still persisting then I advise you to consult a dentist and get a x-ray of that region. If the decay is deep (reaching pulp tissue) thrn rct is a good option. If it is not deep only filling will suffice.
Hello lybrate-user, it seems you r facing sensation in tooth even after filling, I would like to advice you to get urself reexamined for high point of restoration and get your x- ray done for that tooth so as to access the level of restoration and its proximity to pulp chamber. Sometimes if filling is near to pulp then by placing base below the restoration the sensation can b stopped and rct can be avoided. Yes the medicated paste are helpful in stopping the sensation but a tooth moose can b more effective.
Tap that tooth vertically with other end of pencil. It it hurts you may need a root canal tt. A small dental xray can confirm that. Any mouthwash is not good for continuous prolonged use.