My wife and I had unprotected sex a day before her period was meant to start. But now she is 5 days late. She feels like her period is coming on but it doesn't. She got very slight menstrual flow on 1st and second day. But then it stopped. I know it's only been 5 days but could she possibly be pregnant? She is very tensed. please reply as soon as possible. She is not ready to be a mother yet.

My wife and I had unprotected sex a day before her period...
may be, get UPT done
If her last six cycles have been on time, then she should have got this period on the date expected. The delay is due to delay in ovulation, if adequate contraception was used before. If egg has formed late, it could result in pregnancy, since one thinks pregnancy is not possible just before the periods. The two days of slight bleeding may have been the period expected, but one can't be sure. Better wait for another week or two and do a pregnancy test, if negative, the worry is over.......
Fist you test pregnancy test and not complesary due to harmons mancises disturb ok.
Hi lybrate-user, first stop worrying regarding this. As you said spotting was already seen it's may be due to delayed periods. Observe for another five days and if she gets periods that's k as you wish. But if not just leave me a private message so that ill help you further.
Yes, she could be pregnant.