*take nutritious healthy food
*have regular vigorous physical exercise so that blood circulation reaches hair follicles and nourishes the hair.
*avoid mental stress and smoking and such unhealthy habits.
*use warm or cold water for bath and not very hot water. * hard water is harmful. Boiling will reduce hardness.
* when the hair is wet, it is weaker and don't rub too much with towel.
* use wide toothed comb so that there is no pulling pressure on the hair. *your usual hair dye has large doses of ammonia, which changes hair texture, dries out the scalp and almost leads to hair fall. Natural products like shikakai and amla are better than chemical compositions of manufactured shampoos. *hair fall, dandruff and tendency for gray hair are dependent on several factors. We have good treatment in homoeopathy without causing adverse effects. These medicines are given internally, promote healthy growth of hair and prevent hair fall. Take homoeopathic medicine acid phos 30 twice daily and give feedback after 20 days.
Dear lybrate user,
*for prevention of hair fall follow these instructions:
* do not take a lot of stress and take proper sleep of 6 - 7 hours. Do meditation to distress yourself. You can do pranayams or take long deep breaths while closing your eyes I a peaceful environment for at least 8-10 minutes.
* add protein containing items in your foods for healthy hair growth such as take a bowl of cereal daily and a glass of milk or 100 gm cheese or 1-2 eggs.
* to reduce hairfall and whitening of hairs, practice yogasana like shirshasana and sarwangasana only under the guidance of expert.
* you can use mahabhringraj oil and apply it 3 times in a week massage your scalp for 10 to 15 minutes daily. It increases blood circulation in your scalp and enhances hair growth.
* avoid intake of any medicines because they cause toxicity & hairfall.
* avoid the excess use of products such as hair colours or shampoo.
* take vitamin-e rich foods like dry fruits (almonds, pista etc) daily.
* take 1/2 teaspoon of amla powder with water once a day.
* apply the egg yolk to the scalp at-least once a week. It gives nourishment to hair root and enhances hair growth.
4 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Dandruff treatment