Get answer from Sexologist, anonymously

I have Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1 genitally, and I want to know how it can be transmitted. Some people say that it can't be transferred unless I'm having an outbreak, others say it can be transmitted through vaginal and oral sex, and some say it's in the saliva. If anyone knows for sure answers I.

Herpes can spread by having vaginal, anal, or oral sex with someone who has the disease. Fluids found in a herpes sore carry the virus, and contact with those fluids can cause infection. You can also get herpes from an infected sex partner who does not have a visible sore or who may not know he or she is infected because the virus can be released through your skin and spread the infection to your sex partner. Using condoms may help lower this risk but it will not get rid of the risk completely. Having sores or other symptoms of herpes can increase your risk of spreading the disease. Even if you do not have any symptoms, you can still infect your sex partners.
Sexually transmitted.