12 years experience
Ask Free Question
Actually pain at calf/leg region can be due to many reasons, commonly it is muscular in nature but it can also be due to tendons, nerves, blood vessels etc.
My advise to you for initial 2-3 weeks will be: - ice packs application intensively with elevation of your limbs at night
- take a short course of anti-inflammatory medication as per your body's suitability
- stop your physical activity till pain completely subsides
- intensive physical therapy, training and proper muscle conditioning once pain has subsided
- slow resumption of physical activities with proper pre activity warm up and stretching of muscles and short increments in duration of physical activity each day as per pain tolerance.
- some blood tests like serum vitamin d and serum potassium levels, esr and crp help in better diagnosis of such condition.
Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Lower Back Pain treatment