40 years experience
Ask Free Question
1. Eat high fibre diet like fruits, vegetables, beans, boiled/sprouted moong dal, whole grain rice, whole wheat pasta, whole meal breads, multi grain chapatti, oats.
2. Avoid foods which are high in fat. Choose lean meats like fish, chicken.
3. Eat on schedule
4. Drink plenty of water, 8-10 glasses daily, avoid alcohol/caffeine
5. Take regular physical exercise
6. Stick to a regular timing for going to toilet.
7. Take 2 tsf of softovac sf/naturolax powder with warm water at bed time for few days or syrup duphalac 15 ml twice daily
8. If you have chronic constipation, you may have to do colonoscopic examination after consulting gastroenterologist.
You found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.