I have a kidney stone but no pain but some time I have a pain. I have 8 mm stone in left kidney. Now what should I doo.

About 80% of all kidney stones are composed of calcium and other minerals, usually a combination of calcium and oxalate. In some cases dietary adjustments help to prevent the recurrence of these types of stones. Increase fluid intake: this is the most important preventive measure for all patients who develop kidney stones. It hinders the formation of stones by diluting the urine. The biggest portion of calcium in the diet comes from milk and foods made from large amounts of milk, such as cheeses and yogurt, dark greeny vegetables. Too much may cause calcium stones. Sugar, sodium, and animal protein: it has been found that too much of these may also aggravate the development of calcium or calcium oxalate stones. A diet high in animal protein affects certain minerals in the urine that may promote the formation of kidney stones. Insoluble fiber also speeds up movement of substances through the intestine, so there will be less time for calcium to be absorbed. When vitamin c is used by the body, oxalate is produced. Take personalised expert dietary advice. Thanku.