I am suffering from leprosy I have taken treatment for 6 months but my right hand fingers crossed doctor told take physiotherapy am I cured from from leprosy r not.

Clawing of the hands is a common disability caused by leprosy. As leprosy starts damaging the small nerves in the skin's surface and if left untreated can result major nerve damage. The resulting damage can lead to loss of sensation in the hand and muscle parsis paralysis, which causes clawed fingers. Reconstructive surgery to correct the deformities of leprosy in the hands and feet. Movement can be restored by using a muscle transfer technique where, with the help of a physiotherapist, a muscle is identified for transfer and strengthened. After surgery and several weeks in plaster, the patient is taught how to use their old muscle to do a new job and then apply the technique subconsciously. In case of muscle paralysis. Reconstructive surgery and muscle tranfer technique is needed in severe cases and then physiotherapy for muscle strenghening and reducation is required. If claw hand is not severe and only muscle weekness is there then physiotherapy can help you with muscle strenthening and range if motion exercises. Thanks take care.