Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am 53 years old I have acute pain in my right lower border of ribcage I am having chronic bronchitis. I have some sort of mild pain in my right shoulder joint since from last week.

1 Doctor Answered
Hi thanks for your query and welcome to lybrate. This pain in rib cage can be a reflection of your bronchitis condition. Your shoulder pain can be due to degeneration setting in joint. You can start with: 1) physical therapy for shoulder in presence of a good physiotherapist initially 2) you can take short course of anti-inflammatory medications as per your suitability 3) ice packs for 4-5 days ( 10-15 min every 2-3 hours) if it does not help, then please let me know and we might get some x rays done for you. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance. Thanks & regards Dr Akshay Kumar Saxena
4 people found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.