Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am 45 years old. I have severe tooth ache since the past one month. But there is no decay. Kindly advise.

12 Doctors Answered
It might be decay in between teeth that can' t be visible. Send me an xray if you have otherwise visit a dentist. He will take an x-ray and tell you exact problem.
1 person found this helpful
There might be a hidden decay on the side surface (i.e. The surface facing your adjacent tooth) or beneath your gum line. Sometimes decays are not easily visible and proper clinic examination and/ or xray (radiographs) might be needed to confirm it. Please see a dentists at the earliest.
1 person found this helpful
There might be some decay which u are unable to see. So please get a dental check up done.
1 person found this helpful
First of all please get a bite-wing iopa x-ray for proper diagnosis, if it is not because of decay, then it might be because of periodontal problem(gum problem) or it may be some adjacent tooth that is causing the problem.
1 person found this helpful
First question is which tooth is paining, is it anterior or posterior tooth, in case there is no decay which is seen with normal look in that case it can be a cavity between two teeth or it can be problem in gums or an infection in tooth than it can be periodontal problem, first get an xray done and than consult the dental surgeon who will do the required treatment.
1 person found this helpful
Hi it must hav worn out just check where u feeling sensitive and use thermoseal ra toothpaste instead of normal one.
1 person found this helpful
Some times etiology of pain by decay of tooth is not visible, so kindly go through through checkup to know exact cause behind that.
1 person found this helpful
One thing is sure that the tooth is monvital if you have severe tooth ache. Get a dentist consultation you may need a root canal.
1 person found this helpful
Toothache is not always because of decay only. It can be due to mild mobility or do you have sensitivity which gives you a feeling of pain. It hurts you on having cold water or tea? kindly get an x-ray done and then can the needful treatment may be decided because at times there is no visible decay but it may be there between 2 teeth.
2 people found this helpful
Hello sir, please get your x-ray done at a dental clinic to reveal the offending cause. Thank you Dr Jagrati
1 person found this helpful
Toothache can be related to many other problems also. Not necessarily a decay. So you need to get it checked and get the issue resolved.
1 person found this helpful
Go to a dentist. He will evaluate the situation & if required can do an x-ray to assess the exact problem & guide you accordingly.
3 people found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.