I have 4 months baby. I m breastfeeding my baby. As someone told me that the breastfeeding mother shouldn't sleep on her back as the milk should go back and there will be no milk for breastfeed. Is it truth?

I have 4 months baby. I m breastfeeding my baby. As someo...
Dear lybrate-user, hello, it is foolish to think that. There is no scientific basis for this misnomer. Do not worry about. Sleeping on back is rather a healthy habit. Carry on. Take care.
Conditional, breastfeeding mothers need to change positions while they are not feeding. They can sleep according to their comfort. However, when they are feeding then they need to lay side se side position some mothers, particularly larger breasted women, find they will need to roll themselves and their baby over to their other side to feed from the second breast, whilst others will find that once they have fed from the lower breast they can just lean forward and feed from the top breast without changing sides. If you do choose the second alternative you will need to make sure that the lower breast is well drained before switching to the upper breast so that blockages in the milk ducts to not occur.