Polyps in throat and dry throat and flue symptoms from last 5,6 months. Doctor prescribed after inspection two medicine. One is inhaler (salmeterol & fluticasone combination (flomist)) second is nasal spray (fluticasone (flomist)). It's been two months polyps have reduced but still exist. Which one out of two medicine I can stop?

Dear user, if your symptoms have completely stopped, you can stop the fluticasone nasal spray. The salmeterol + fluticasone has to be stopped slowly and not suddenly as it has a steroid and immediate withdrawal might bring back symptoms. You can consult me for more doubts and medications regarding this by clicking on my photo and clicking on enquiry, however if you found my answer helpful, please leave a thanks /good feedback as it helps me with my practice. Thank you.
Dear Mr. lybrate-user, ideally you should be asking the question to your doctor who prescribed the treatment. Polyps commonly occur in the nose and are treated with low dose steroid nasal spray (fluticasone) usually for 3- 4 months or longer based on individual patient response. The inhaler is used for treating breathing difficulties in the lungs such as in asthma, copd, etc. Since it is not clear from the information you provided whether you have only polyps or there is lung disease as well, a definite answer cannot be given, but if your polyps have significantly reduced in size then, you may discontinue the nasal spray. However I would recommend either consulting your treating doctor or an ent surgeon for the most specific and appropriate treatment plan for you. Best wishes.