As per your complain it seems there is sudden strain in your back muscles. Not to worry. Let me help you with some
precautions and treatment that will help you to recover soon.
1. Avoid forward bending, if required then bend your knees first and then bend forward.
2. Avoid weight lifting.
3. Sit in chairs or car seats with proper back support.
4. Try to sleep in a position that helps you maintain the curve in your basck like sidelying.
enough vit d from sun as vit d keep bones strong including spine,
6. Drink plenty of water to enhance the inter vertebral disks
7. Avoid standing in the one position for a long time.
8. Try to sleep in a position that helps you maintain the curve in your back.
Physio care: I would recommend you for I-care treatment that is especially for back or neck pain
. Rest required but it doesn't mean a complete
bed rest. Do not over exert your body. Work take rest and then work so that you do not feel tired and started paining.
1. Apply ice or heat which ever suits you directly to the area of low back pain
will decrease swelling
and inflammation, and ease your discomfort. Apply it for 10 to 15 minutes only.
2.Relaxing for 5 minutes after ice or heat treatment.
Massage - Ask someone to massage your painful area using fingers or thumb. Massage using kneading technique. Slightly press the thumb and start rotating as it helps to induce relaxation, relieve pain
, and reduce
levels of stress
chemicals, such as cortisol
and noradrenaline. It will give you pain relief for time being.
3. After massage again relax for 5 min and apply any pain relieving ointment eg - volini
or oraflame gel etc. Make sure not to do massage with the gel, it should not penetrate the body. Just
a topical application of gel should be done.
4. Again relax your body for 5 minutes and perform some normal
back extension and hamstring stretching exercises to get relief from your pain.
While performing exercises if pain occurs then would recommend you to stop doing exercise.
Massage or slightly rub the painful area and consult your near by physio to diagnose the actual cause of the pain as he/she can guide you proper exercise plan which will be beneficial for you after checking grade of your back pain.
For any doubt please contact right away.
Get Well Soon