Gaps between teeth can be filled with restorative material like composite..
visit to a dentist
can be reduced or prevented if you:
- practice good oral hygiene.
- Brush twice a day with fluoride
toothpaste to remove food debris and plaque.
- Don't forget to brush the tongue, too.
- Replace your toothbrush every 2 to 3 months or after an illness.
- Use floss or an interdental cleaner to remove food particles and plaque between teeth once a day.
- See your dentist regularly -- at least twice a year. He or she will conduct an oral exam and professional teeth cleaning
and will be able
to detect and treat periodontal disease
, dry mouth
, or other problems that may be the cause of bad mouth odor.
- Drink lots of water. This will keep your mouth moist.
- Chewing gum (preferably sugarless) stimulates the production of saliva, which helps wash away food particles and bacteria.