I have a girl baby who is 40 days old.Usually she is getting severe stomach pain and gas trouble Dr advised me to give her colicaid 2 to 5 drops according to the pain even though sometimes she is normal sometimes she is struggling a lot.Is it advisable to use gripe water for pain or can u give alternative medicine.

Grape water is not for pain
If baby is gaining weight about 500 gms per month & passing clear watery urine, your baby is absolutely fine. Just give him comfort, love & support. Be along with him during distress,i.e.Crying. We can not always stop a crying child, we can't know the cause every time. World over all babies cry for no reason, at some or other times. Colicaid may or may not help. Don't blame yourself for inability to stop cry. Things will settle in matter of few months. That is a part of life, we can't avoid. Being with the child supporting, comforting, showering love during distress is the only way. That is optimum & enough.