My 2 month 17 days old baby she got vaccination gets fever and she is not feeding well why? Paracetamol calpol how many times per day can I give? How to feed by this time? She is not drinking properly only 5 minutes? What can I do help me.

Vaccine (dpt) at 2&12 months have a tendency to cause fever. This is expected and nothing to worry about. Lasts for 1-2 days. Paracetamol drops are sufficient. Should be given when temperature is more than 100 degree fahrenheit. Maybe given for maximum of four times with an approximate gap of 6 hours in between. The dose will depend on the baby's weight. Baby may feed less while having fever. But once the fever has subsided, the appetite will return. Feeding the baby will also help with the pain due to needle prick. So breastfeeding has to be continued.
Hi lybrate-user, you can give paracetamol round the clock. Fever is due to dpt vaccine, it will remain for 2 days. So no worries. Dose of paracetamol deoend on weight of child. You hv not mentioned weight.
Paracetamol is used once evey 6 hours.
Do not worry after vaccination baby can be cranky give only breat milk. Calpol can be given 6 hourly.