Firsst of all try to eat a balnced diet
and avoid all junk and fried food.After 45 day of following this balanced diet schedule ,join a Gym and then while making your muscles in Gym ,give more emphai to protein diet.
Balanced Diet= 60% Carbohydrates + 20% Fats + 20% Proteins + 8 glasses of water daily.
1. Carbohydrates: Our main source of energy. Stored in liver and muscles. Carbohydrates are used the most by our body duringexercise. Hence, it is important for people who exercise regularly to consume a diet rich in carbohydrates.
(a) Instant/rapid carbohydrates energy sources: Banana, Milk, Sweets, Sugarcane juice.
(b) Slow carbohydrates energy sources: Beans, Bread, Cereals, Potato, Pulses, Rice.
2. Proteins: Essential for growth, repair of muscle, skin, hair and body tissues. Protein deficiency leads to low immunity, hairfall, feeling of tiredness. Proteins are not stored in our body as any excess protein is converted to energy or fat. Hence, a person requires protein intake every day. When the body does not get enough carbohydrates to fuel itself, it falls back on protein bank. That is why people who follow starvation diets or go on fasting lose muscle tissue.
(a) Major protein sources: Egg white(white portion), Milk, Soybeans/Soymilk, Fish, Cheese, Tofu.
(b) Other protein sources: Beans with wheat, Nuts, Curd, Yogurt (Dahi).
3. Fats: Required and healthy when taken in small amounts. Excess fat leads to weight gain, increase in bad cholesterol (LDL) and heartproblems
(a) Major fats sources: Egg yolk (Yellow portion), Avocados, Whole Milk, Butter, Cheese, Nuts.
(b) Other fats sources: Corn, Vegetable/Olive oil, Biscuits, Flaxseeds(San Beej).
4. Vitamins and Minerals: Critical for normal functioning of organs and processes within our body. They do not provide energy directly but work behind the scenes to break down food into energy.
5. Water: As 60% of our body is made of water, it acts as a carrier of essential nutrients inside our body. Loosing as little as 5% of body's weight as water can cause headache, fatigue
and lower your muscle strength. To stay healthy, an adult should drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday.
6. Fiber: It helps retain water and in making our stools softer to avoid constipation
. Intake should be 25 to 35 grams a day.
7. Calories: A measure of how much energy food or drink contains. On an average, a man needs around 2,000 calories a day and a woman 1700 calories a day to maintain his weight and good health. Number varies by person depending upon weight, age and how active the lifestyle is.
8. Guideline: Each day have 3 main meals, 2 snacks, 5 pieces of fruit and at least 1 glass of milk.