What is the best medicine for fever ?

Thanks for the query on the lybrate, I am   family physician, fever is a symptom and not a disease by itself. Thus, the most important approach in the treatment of fever is to identify the underlying cause and treat it, please provide following information to find out the cause:- 1. Pattern of fever continuous, remittent, intermittant, high grade, low grade 2. Duration of fever - 3. Associated symptoms are - chills, cough (dry/productive) cold, headache, bodyache, nausea, vomiting, loose motions, burning micturation, rash, pain in abdomen, boil, redness of eyes, confusion, semiconscious, convulsion etc 4. Present/previous treatment/investigation history. Besides this following tips can be useful:- tepid sponging, fever can be controlled with antipyretics like ibuprofen, acetaminophen (temptal 500/650), drink plenty of fluids, rest, healthy nutritious diet. Please write back to me for further assistance, thank you, get well soon.
Hello, you can take homoeopathic medicines 1. Kali iod 30 (4 drops in little water) thrice a day for 3 days. 2. Ferrum phos 6x (3 tabs) thrice a day for 3 days and update. Keep a gap of 15 - 20 minutes in both the medicines.