I have ringworm on my thigh. What are the precautions should I have to adopt to cure it.

Hello, Ringworm is caused by a fungus that grows on the skin. Once the fungus is established, it spreads out in rings. The centre of the ring may clear up, while a new ring of infection develops at the edge of the old ring. Fungi are microscopic organisms that can live off the dead tissues of your skin, hair, and nails, much like a mushroom can grow on the bark of a tree. Medication: Take Schwabe's Tellurium 30/ thrice daily for 2 weeks. Management: Good personal hygiene helps prevent the spread of ringworm. Teach your child to practise good hygiene and generally not to share combs, brushes, or hats. Children also shouldn't share towels, clothes, or sports equipment that haven't been properly cleaned. Avoid wearing any wet clothes, prefer cotton clothes, keep the area dry and clean. Never use others towels or clothes as well as don't share yours with others. Ringworm can also be transmitted from an infected dog or cat, so avoid animals who look mangy or have bald spots in their coats. If you have an animal that you think may have ringworm, take it to the vet for treatment.