Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I have pain in my finger joints over few days. I already checked uric acid level. But its normal. So I have a doubt it is a symptom of gout. Is it right. What I do next. And prefer which doctor?

1 Doctor Answered
Hi. One can have normal blood levels of uric acid during an acute gout attack so that is not an accurate test to diagnose a joint attack of gout. When the finger is painful, it is best to be seen by a hand specialist or a rheumatologist who can accurately diagnose and start the correct treatment. The only way to accurately diagnose a joint gout is to get some fluid from the joint and send it for testing under a microscopy. It is also important to make sure that we rule out lot of other conditions which can mimick like a gout attack. Please see an appropriate specialist in the regards.
7 people found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.

Book appointment with top doctors for Finger Pain treatment

View fees, clinic timings and reviews

Related Lab Tests:

View All