Sir due to having vein thrombosis I have been prescribed acitrom 1 mg by the doctor he has advised to take acitrom for 3 days after this get pt/inr test done if the range exceeds 3 stop acitrom if not continue for one week then again get pt/inr and show sir I am confused a little bit how to count one week is one week to be counted after taking acitrom for three days & getting tested or one week includes there days also after which acitrom was stopped & pt/inr got done kindly dilute my confusion thanks a lot.

Hello and greetings Ms. lybrate-user you have been diagnosed as a case of deep vein thrombosis. It occurs because of the blood clots inside the veins of your legs. Hence your doctor has prescribed tab acitrom which is a blood thinner. This tablet prevents clotting of the blood. The clotting and bleeding mechanism have to be in a delicate balance. Excess thinning of blood is also harmful. It may cause bleeding from the nose while passing motions or excess bleeding during your menstrual cycles. Hence the dose of tab acitrom should be very meticulously adjusted. Hence your doctor has advised for inr testing. This blood test is used to judge the correct dose of acitrom. This is called titration of dose. You may have to get blood tested for 3 to 5 times and then an adequate dose can be achieved. Kindly do not worry, get yourselves tested every 3 days. During this time continue the medications. Go for review to your doctor with your blood test reports. He will analyse it and titrate the dose of tablet acitrom.