Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Hi doctor, i'm having sore or ulcer kind of thing on my penis and having itching in my genital area. There is no rashes, inflammation, pain and rise in body temp. What should I do? For itching I have used antifungal which gave me relief but genital sore is not recovering. For which treatment should I go? I'm afraid of getting herpes infection.

2 Doctors Answered
Dear Lybrate user, you have to consult a nearby physician for this deformity. It may be a serious case of unwanted ailment. You may use ayurveda medicine for that but proper diagnosis is must with your personals. For primary care, you can use shri gopal tail + karanj tail for local use cap. Neem 2 bd tab. Septiline 2 bd you may consult in private for appropriate treatment.
1 person found this helpful
Hello lybrate-user. A common cause of male genital sores are infections that are spread through sexual contact, such as chancroid .it could be syphillis or herpes. Need to get it examined properly by a physician. You are taking antifungal .but it is a symptomatic treatment. Need to take proper treatment. Homeopathic treatment will definetly help ,with prior evaluation. Although you are not having signs of infection ,yet it needs to be properly examined for diagnosis and further treatment.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.