Pay close attention to your food choice.
· Eat less carbohydrate food sources like chapatti, rice, noodles, pasta, bread etc as they help in gaining weight
and storing fat.
· While having lunch or dinner eat vegetables and dal to fill your stomach rather eating lots of chapattis or rice.
· Have a healthy breakfast like poha, idli, upma, plain dosa, oats, dalia or khichdi with vegetables.
· Eat a balance diet
including good quality proteins like: fish, lean chicken and eggs. If you are a vegetarian then include skimmed milk, low fat paneer, butter milk, soy bean or soy milk in your diet.
· Avoid ghee, butter or vanaspati. Prepare your diet with vegetable oil like sunflower, safflower soybean or olive oil.
· Eat plenty of salads.
· Eat fresh fruits including apple, orange, pineapple, papaya, sweet lime, berries, guava, watermelon, mask melon etc.
· Avoid eating outside junk and fried foods like pizza, pasta, roll, burgers, cakes, chocolates and cookies.
· Have an early dinner. The earlier the better, giving your system more time to digest the food.
· Avoid cold drinks/alcohol as they add empty calories to your diet.
· Avoid fat enriched milk products like cheese, sweets, full fat cream etc.
· Drink 3 liters of water in a day.
· Try to have less sugar
in food and beverages.
· Try to drink 2 cups of green tea in a day as green tea helps in weight loss
by aiding digestion.
· Avoid red meat like mutton, beef, lamb or pork.
· Eat sprouts or roasted chana, whenever you feel hungry.