Good evening i've been experiencing intense anxiety & panic attacks since the past 8 months (october 2018) onwards due to which daily functioning has been adversely affected. The major symptoms are constant heart palpitation and pain, nausea, trembling hands and extreme difficulty to function. This can be part of the panic attack which is not associated with any stressful events or thoughts but rather quite spontaneous and all of a sudden unexpected panic attack which causes severe heart palpitations, and pain, nausea, trembling hands and adversely affecting the daily functioning. I've been through severe anxiety and panic attacks many times in my life since 2008. The doctor had prescribed escitalopram & had taken it since 2017 but it's not effective now as i've been experiencing severe anxiety and panic attacks for about past 8 months from now. After undergoing intense anxiety and panic attacks for many months, it eventually decreases and I will start experiencing calmness for many months. But the anxiety and panic attacks start all over again for several months and while i'm going through anxiety and panic attacks, escitalopram prescribed by the doctor is not effective. I am a lady of 24 years. Can I kindly request for a medical advice? Look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Yes, you are suffering from panic disorder as per description you provided. You also mentioned that escetalopram is not effective in controlling the attacks now. In that case your treatment needs modification which can only be done when you consult a psychiatrist so that detail discussion and evaluation is done and diagnosis is established, based on many other factors treatment can be suggested. All the best.
Ms. lybrate-user, in my suggestion, start counselling (psychotherapy) with medication and also start yoga. I am sure you will be normal with in coming months.