Ask FREE question to Women health doctors
Private, Secure and verified doctors.

My wife and I have been married for 5 years now and recently it was discovered that she has pcos. Meth and hyponidd was prescribed. She used it for 2 months and no changes yet. What can we do?

Hello. Pcos is a most common endocrinal disorder affecting 1 in 10 women. The cause is multifactorial and it's difficult to treat. In pcos, the release of eggs from ovary is affected and menstrual cycle is irregular. Drug treatment we give in pcos is as per symptoms but the most important way of controlling pcos is lifestyle modification. In pcos there is insulin resistance and increased androgen level which affects release of eggs thereby affecting fertility. These can be to some extent controlled if you loose weight (target should be to loose 5 to 10% of weight, avoid high calorie food, do regular exercises and brisk walk for 30 minutes. If you want to conceive consult with your doctor regarding use of drugs like clomiphene citrate or letrozole which helps in the release of eggs.