I am 60 year old lady, suffering from RA since 7 years. Doctor has given me folitrax 5 mg once in a week and folic acid 5 mg everyday. I went to another doctor for second opinion, but he told me to stop folitrax as it is a medicine given for cancer. Is it true?

Yes it is true. My advice is take homoeopathic medicine without side effects. I can help you in this matter with homoeopathic medicine without side effects. You can consult me at Lybrate.
Folitrax is methotrexate. It is used both in ra and in cancer. In cancer very hidgh doses is given. Do not stop because its cancer drug.
Folitrax is an important drug in the management of ra well at such low dose and weekly regimen won't harm you in amy ways so be relaxed and please continue the medication.
folitrax is a medicine that can be given for cancer as well, but the doses for cancer are very different .. don't worry

Book appointment with top doctors for Rheumatoid Arthritis treatment