1. Don't drink water before meals. This can fill your stomach and make it harder to get in enough calories.
2. Eat more often. When you're underweight
, you may feel full faster. Squeeze in an additional meal or snack whenever you can, such as before bed.
3. Drink milk
. Drinking whole milk to quench thirst is a simple way to get in more high-quality protein
4. Have some dessert
5.try weight gainer shakes. If you’re really struggling then you can try weight gainer shakes. These are very high in protein, carbs and calories. Drinking homemade protein smoothies can be a highly nutritious and quick way to gain weight. Chocolate banana nut
shake: combine 1 banana, 1 scoop of chocolate whey protein and 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of peanut or another nut butter. This smoothies provide around 400–600 calories, along with a high amount of protein and other important vitamins and minerals.
6.use bigger plates. Definitely use large plates if you’re trying to get in more calories, as smaller plates cause people to automatically eat less.
7.add cream to your coffee
. This is a simple way to add in more calories.
8.get quality sleep. Sleeping properly is very important for muscle growth.
9. Don't smoke. Smokers tend to weigh less than non-smokers, and quitting smoking
often leads to weight gain.
10. Exercise to gain weight swimming:
lunges and squats:
upright barbell rows and dumbbell shoulder press
11. Nuts and nut are a perfect choice if you're looking to gain weight.
12. Red meats are probably one of the best muscle-building foods available.
13. Like red meat
, salmon and oily fish are excellent sources of protein and important healthy fats
14. Dried fruit is a high-calorie snack that also provides antioxidants and micronutrients
15. High-quality dark chocolate provides a ton of antioxidants and health benefits.
16. Cheese is a very good source of protein and rich in healthy fats. Add it to meals if you need a calorie and flavor boost.
17. Eggs are one of the healthiest muscle-building foods on the planet. They provide a great combination of high-quality proteins and healthy fats. It's also very important to eat the whole egg. In fact, almost all of the beneficial nutrients in eggs are found in the yolk.
18. Full-fat yogurt is another healthy and convenient snack. It has a great nutritional profile, including a well-balanced mix of protein, carbs and fat.
The secret behind gaining weight
is consistently eating more calories than you need.
Lifting weight is important too, so that the additional calories can be used to build muscle instead of just adding fat.
Incorporate the foods on this list into meals and meal plans that you enjoy and can stick with over the long term.