Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

My husband is suffering from asthma for a month. He has been a heavy smoker for 3 decades. What can be his treatment? He has seen a doctor who advised to take salbair, odimont, defcort, azifine and budamate. Is there any medication without serious side effects and steroids?

4 Doctors Answered
if there is mutch problem then it's must b taken for a can take homeopathic medicine..for proper cure....stodal.syr is best for chronic and smokers cough....other medicine I sugest by taking may consult homeopaths or online ....
Need xray chest, haemogram, IgE and PFT to decide diagnosis of asthma or COPD , considering his smoking history. Then plan treatment
2 people found this helpful
Need a proper evaluation by a chest physician, needs a spirometry to confirm asthma or copd, n then treatment can be tailored. However long term steroids may have its side effects.
He appears to be suffering from copd rather than asthma smoking to be given up other drugs such as roflumilast deriphyllin bambuterol news inhalers with tiotropium or glycopyrronium may be considered by your pulmonologist.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.

Book appointment with top doctors for Asthma treatment

View fees, clinic timings and reviews