Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

My uncle (45 yrs) is now used to say that someone is going to hurt/kill him. He also has auditory hallucinations. He used to say that someone is watching him under cctv. He lacks sleep and loss of appetite. We take him to nearest doctor (not a psychiatrist) he just prescribed alprax and nexito. Do we need to consult a psychiatrist?

1 Doctor Answered
Yes, you need to consult a qualified psychiatrist. As per symptoms you described he might be suffering from psychosis and that has to be treated differently than to what your physician prescribed. All the best.
8 people found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.