My mother have this habit of overdoing every simple tasks like folding the clothes, washing clothes, washing utensils since a long time. When I had asked about why you are doing so? She replied me that she can't control doing that. It wasn't an issue all these days but she's aging now and it affects her body. Is there any treatment for this? Whom should we consult?

Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a common mental health problem. Symptoms typically include recurring thoughts and repetitive actions in response to the recurring thoughts. A common example is recurring thoughts about germs and dirt, with a need to wash your hands repeatedly to "clean off the germs" However, there are many other examples like sexual thoughts, counting, checking, orderliness, etc. The usual treatments are cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressant medicine, or both. Treatment often works well to reduce the symptoms and distress of OCD greatly. All the best.