Hi Doctor, Recently I had my regular health check up and in that they told that I hav enhance of getting hypertension with in 5 years. Wanted to know how they have arrived at this conclusion. They tested my Blood -for LIver, kidney and thyroid check ups and also ECG. Not sure how they arrived at this. As all the results are under normal criteria. My weight is also normal and I am 37 year old female now. Please help me in understanding it.

You can tell only if you have a chance of getting any lifestyle disease like bp, diabetes,obesity, hypothyroidism ,anxiety, cancer etc only if you do the inflammatory panel tests. The tests done by your Dr. is incomplete because has your Dr. done inflammatory markers vitamin and minerals levels has he taken a detailed dietary history without doing any of these things these drs and hospitals are fooling you 1) Detailed history including dietary & lifestyle habits needed in addition to medical, occupational ,& environment history 2) Comprehensive lab testing needed which should have tests for inflammation and mineral deficiency. Get detailed dietary and lifestyle advice based on the basis of detailed history and lab tests results. Send feedback with name ,contact number and take consult. Rule out any structural heart disease by doing Echo, and TMT. If all your test results are normal and if you are still having high BP it clearly indicates your Dr. Has not addressed the root cause of the BP. Change your diet, lifestyle, and doctor take consult ,do the right tests get the right advice and prevent all these lifestyle diseases and obtain optimal health.