Teeth sensitivity is a result of loss of outer most layer (enamel) of teeth. That can be due to:
- tooth grinding
- acidic beverages (such as soda) that cause enamel erosion and dentin exposure.
- brushing with a very abrasive toothpaste, brushing incorrectly and/or brushing more than three times a day could result in a loss of enamel.
- a chipped or fractured tooth
may expose the dentin. Here are few steps to avoid sensitivity of teeth:
- practice good oral hygiene.
- use a sensitivity toothpaste like sensodyne.
- don't brush too hard.
- use a softer toothbrush.
- take care while consuming acidic foods.
- use fluoridated dental products.
- avoid grinding your teeth.
- see your dentist
regularly for professional tooth cleaning, dental care
recommendations and advice on treating your sensitive teeth