My wife aged 28, diagnosed with breast cancer with stage 3B. Initially, they have given 5 neo-adjuvant chemotherapy followed with modified radical mastectomy with LD flap reconstruction on 9th of this month. Surgeon, told that everything is fine and there was no treatment for 1 month but our doctor told there is large gap after surgery and started 6 chemo cycle yesterday and told as the wound is wet the disease will come back. He also told that as the gap is large he cannot give radiation therapy. Again today he told he can start radiation after 2 weeks. I am unable to understand her situation.

Do not worry Your wife has been given Neoadjuvant 5 chemotherapy cycles and than surgery done Subsequent chemotherapy can only be given when wound healing is complete. As chemotherapy will prevent healing and infection sets in. So delay of one month was unavoidable if I understand correctly. Now 6th cycle has been given and radiotherapy will be given after 3 weeks of completion of last chemotherapy. This is followed everywhere in the world.

Book appointment with top doctors for Breast Cancer treatment