Hii. I am bhawna, m 50 years old, I am having early osteoarthritis. Since 3 years. But I am fine I don't have any pain or problem in that. But now recently 3 months back I got suffered from left heal pain. I done my both heels x Ray's which revealed calcaneal spur in both heels. I had consulted orthopaedic Dr. I am on treatment. But it's not cured 100 percent. I am sometime using silicone heel while walking. What can be done. Will it be cured completely. Please advice me.

Hi lybrate-user - calcaneal spur is related to plantar fascitis and thats why you r having heel pain as the sole of your foot is getting inflammated. At home - you can do 2 things: 1) stretch your ankle and calf 3-4 times a day and each time 10-12 repititions for 10 seconds hold each time. 2) you need to do contrast bath - put your feet in hot water with salt for 10 mins then ice cold water for 5 mins then hot water with salt fot 10 mins right after you wake up. This will give you much relief. Also because of r knee condition - improper weight is coming on your feet so wear proper footwear with arch supports. If you want more help and information - pls feel free to contact and take an online exercise program for heel pain.