I was done with scaling for my gum swelling problem and found relief. Then I had taken OPG by doc's advice and my dentist concluded 40% bone loss after seeing my OPG and suggested for flap surgery with bone graft. Now that I do not feel pain or inflammation in gum pockets. Is the infection cleared or is it still there? Kindly suggest if I should undergo the flap surgery or get along with good oral hygiene doc. Thanks.

I was done with scaling for my gum swelling problem and f...
If the dentist advice you for the flap surgery or if your boneloss is 40% then you will go for a flap surgery it will help you to improve your oral hygiene and your tooth strength.
Good evening sir! The infection is been cleared and now you can undergo flap surgery for sure. Thank you!
Go for flap surgery.