I am 65 years old male. I noticed blood sugar since last 3 months. Blood sugar range 110to196. As advised by doctor I am taking Janumet 50/500 .None of my ancestors had blood sugar. Pl advice ,how to get rid of this.

I am 65 years old male. I noticed blood sugar since last ...
Although Diabetes is genetic condition, it's not a rule that if parents were non diabetic so children would be too. Serum sugar levels of 110- 196 are very mucb controllable. Normal levels are upto 126 mg/dl. Lifestyle modifications will come handy. 1. Stop sugar intake in diet. Use sugar free products. 2 Stop intake of carbs as they ultimately get converted to sugar inside the body. 3. Weight reduction will help a lot. 4. Abstain from alcohol and smoking. 5. Control BP if hypertensive. 6. Proper care of eyes and feet. 7. Regular monitoring of sugar levels (upto 126 mg/dl is safe). 8. Exercise, Yoga will surely help.
In many people there is no family history of Diabetes and yet face with the problem. Please do not worry and add stress to the present situation. Proper understanding about the condition can help you look at the situation with more objectivity and take steps that are logical. (Read from the internet about Diabetes and it's management ). You can improve the situation to a great extent if you adapt a very healthy lifestyle. Proper diet (a balanced and nutritious diet) and daily exercise can help you to overcome most of the problems naturally. Do take the advise of your doctor (and go for regular follow up with your doctor ).
Hello, Thanks for the query. It is not necessary that there should be a family history for getting diabetes. It can occur due to environmental factors, your lifestyle, being physically inactive and may be due to being over weight. Plus there can genetic factors too. Please check your HbA1c%. If diabetes is confirmed, then there is no way to get rid of it. You have to live a regulated life and also take necessary medications. Thanks.