I am a vegetarian. I live in bangalore where people eat a lot of fish. They tell me that fish is good for the bones and the heart. I hate the foul smell of fish even after it is cooked and hence I cannot relish it. In the absence of fish, can I take around 6 capsules of SevenSeas cod-liver oil every day to strengthen my bones? Can egg also compensate? Kindly enlighten me.

You can search the net for " food vegetarians " ( rich source of calcium in nature ). Milk and milk products are not only good source of calcium but Alos a lot many nutrients. Read about balanced diet. If your diet is balanced then there is no need to take any supplements.
To get calcium to strengthen your bone you can take milk, egg sufficient on daily basis. If you have allergies to fish it's better to avoid it.
many dont eat fish and are healthy, fish is not a must for healthy life. Eating fish is an individual's preference. Cod liver oil is good. Egg is also good. Eat what you like in a balanced manner. All the best.