Get answer from Sexologist, anonymously

I am 21 years old. I have a masturbating habit at age of 15 to till, is there any problem will occur in future? I have some symptoms.

I am 21 years old. I have a masturbating habit at age of ...
No problems will occur, it is a perfectly normal habit. Masturbation is a very healthy form of sexual outlet, do not feel guilty about it. Once or twice a day is very much normal. Nearly 99% of men and more than 60% of women masturbate. It starts from adolescence and goes on in some people even till death. The pleasure (orgasm) from masturbation is said to be unique from sexual intercourse. In men, most of the liquid contains only water and some fructose and hormones. Hence it does not drain your energy. Many equate masturbation/ seminal fluid loss to lack of energy, impotency and so on. Many quacks, religious heads and pseudo healers also propagate the idea that masturbation is a disorder/ and wrongful behaviour and instil fear on the mind of innocent men and women (we can see posters in train and bus stand, offering help for this behaviour). Consult a psychiatrist, if you have excessive masturbation guilt or compulsive masturbation. Compulsive masturbation is when a person continues with frequent masturbation neglecting his/ her other work like education, job or social obligations. In fact masturbation reduces the sexual tension and helps focus on task at hand better.
Masturbation is not harmful if you masturbate once a week. But the side effects of doing excessive masturbation are premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, low desire, low sperm count etc. For more suggestion you can consult with us on Lybrate personally.