Sir I'm a student. My father is having diabetes although it gets control by doing exercises. But my fathers is now been much thinner than he use to be. Sir I feel always depression for my dad and can't focus on my studies please tell me sir why father is getting thin. Can't he get rid of his diabetes permanently?

Sir I'm a student. My father is having diabetes although ...
Till date there is no easy permanent cure but it can be controlled easily in most cases and patients live almost normal life with few diet restrictions, regular exercise and some medicines/insulin. Your father may be indulged in undue diet restriction or excessive physical activity or both. If not he should get a comprehensive health check to rule out some other cause for weight loss.
Mr. lybrate-user, Thanks for the query. Diabetes is a hormone (Insulin) deficiency disorder. In addition there is resistance to its action. This condition can be very well controlled by drugs, diet and exercise. But there is no permanent cure. There is no point worrying. If blood glucose levels are well controlled, then patient can live like any other normal person. It is necessary to maintain fasting glucose < 100 mg, PP 150 to 170 mg & HbA1c% <6.8. Since you have not mentioned any details about his blood glucose levels, HbA1c%, drugs being taken, weight, height, diet pattern and extent of daily exercise. There is no way to give any suggestions. Thanks.