Dear sir,My age is 24. I have hearing loss and tinnitus in both the ears. My average hearing loss is 70dbs .And my right ear undergo two time tympanoplasty surgery in between 4 years of difference. So that when I close my left ear I didn't get anything from right ear except large sounds. And recently I bought two hearing aids .Those passes all sounds but no clarity in voice. I think this is because of auditory neuropathy (nerve weakness) .Is it cured by hearing aid? And till now I understand others speech by lip movement. Is there any medicine to increase the capacity of nerve. And my audiologist says that please use hearing aid for some and it will restored. Is it ok. I feel so tense and please clarify my doubt.

There are medicines to prevent further damage nerve, but what ever damage already happened is non reversible. There are very good hearing aids in market that provides possible better sound, try them once At the age of 24 nerve damage is less likely, probably its sensory deafness, we can do cochlear implant as well.