I am a 24 year old lady and I have been noticing a small lump in the area between my breasts from past 1 week. Initially it was causing pain and discomfort with a slight black coloration of skin in that region. But currently there is no pain but the lump and color change is still present. What might be causing it? Which Doctor should I be consulting?

Hello. Definitely it can be treated. Keloids have variety of treatment nowadays depending upon its size, position and response. There are procedures like compression bandages, silicon gel or sheet treatment, intralesional steroids, excision etc. But none can be suggested without examination in proper. U can definitely get rid of it, or at least decrease it in size, and prevent its recurrence. For deciding which treatment will suit you and where it can be done, you can consult or text me online with details and pictures of the lesion.
Looks like an infected sebaceous cyst. Now the residual mass is the cyst. You should show a surgeon as it may require surgery.
The lump you feel may be fibroadenoma which is common at your age but this needs confirmation with a clinical examination Removal of the lump is mandatory after imaging of both breasts have been done.