Hello sir/madam I got thyroid problem during pregnancy and it got continued even after delivery and I started to use thyronorm 125 but how can I reduce my weight which I have putted on? Suggest me some medication or remedies for weight loss.

Hello sir/madam I got thyroid problem during pregnancy an...
Lybrate-user, Thanks for the query. Most important is to achieve a strict control over hypothyroidism, which can be done by maintaining TSH level around 3 to 4 mU/L. At that level all the symptoms of that condition are in check. Weight gain is a clear sign of uncontrolled hypothyroidism. Therefore, unless TSH is maintained at above levels, your efforts will not succeed. Plus you will have take a balanced but restricted diet that provides exact amount of calories based on your ideal body weight (not the present weight). You have to avoid sweets, deep fried foods, junk foods, pastries, bakery items and foods made of maida. Increase the intake of green leafy vegetables, salads and fruits. Plus exercise for at least an hour or more per day. Since there is no mention of the height and weight, it is difficult to know how serious is the situation. Thanks.
Check TSH. Often women do not require the tablet after delivery. For weight, continue diet control and exercise.