I had gone through surgery for anal fistula on Dec 6 2015 exactly 2 years ago. Now again I am doubting I developed a fistula. But it is different to first one. The first one was very nearer to the anus in a regular position (we can see such type of fistulas when we type in Google for images as well) this time I got it in the middle of the juncture of two buttocks. Almost on the top but just a bit right. Also connecting to it about 1 cm radius skin became hard to touch, swollen sort of (this did not happen first time) also there is not much of puss discharging either from that wound or from the anus. But the wound is red in colour and it is very small. The pain is similar but a lot of differences are there. Can anyone help me out and say what it is? Thanks in advance.

It is likely to be recurrence. But, if it is too high in the natal cleft, then the possibility of pilonidal sinus is there. Please get examined. You can visit us. We deal such cases regularly.
It is likely to be a recurrence of the fistula with concomitant abscess formation. A clinical examination is needed to clear what is to be done. Apparently a 2nd surgery is needed.