I am OCD and Insomnia sufferer. I am taking Flunil 40 mg daily. I was taking Zolfresh 10 mg daily for 1 month. Now I am wondering how long I can use Zopiclone 7.5 mg safely without being dependent on it?

I am OCD and Insomnia sufferer. I am taking Flunil 40 mg ...
You can continue No problem.
Hi, You asked an important question about dependence on sleeping medications such as Zopiclone. It is recommended to use as short term measure and as and when required so as to avoid dependence on it. If however sleep remains a problem in the long term it is advisable to use alternative medications to aid sleep which are less likely to lead to dependence. Please discuss with psychiatrist to consider such alternative medications.
Hello. If after 1 month your requisite for Zolfresh or Zopiclone isn't there, then you don't need either. These are relatively less habit forming than certain other medicines used for sleep disturbances. However, one can get dependent (psychologically and physically) on them too. It is more advisable to follow sleep hygiene as well: 1. Limiting daytime naps to 30 minutes. 2. Avoiding stimulants such as caffeine and nicotine close to bedtime. 3. Exercising to promote good quality sleep. As little as 10 minutes of aerobic exercise, such as walking or cycling, can drastically improve nighttime sleep quality. 4. Steering clear of food that can be disruptive right before sleep. Heavy or rich foods, fatty or fried meals, spicy dishes, citrus fruits, and carbonated drinks can trigger indigestion for some people. When this occurs close to bedtime, it can lead to painful heartburn that disrupts sleep. 5. Ensuring adequate exposure to natural light. This is particularly important for individuals who may not venture outside frequently. Exposure to sunlight during the day, as well as darkness at night, helps to maintain a healthy sleep-wake cycle. 6. Establishing a regular relaxing bedtime routine. A regular nightly routine helps the body recognize that it is bedtime. This could include taking warm shower or bath, reading a book, or light stretches. When possible, try to avoid emotionally upsetting conversations and activities before attempting to sleep. 7. Making sure that the sleep environment is pleasant. Mattress and pillows should be comfortable. The bedroom should be cool – between 60 and 67 degrees – for optimal sleep.