Hello Dr. I want urgent help tuesday night I got pain in my tooth left side 2 last tooth and I taken one pain killer and pain is not there but the thing is yesterday morning on left side of face I got swelling I concern with dentist she said we have to extract your tooth but I am thalassemia intermedia patient so can I do extraction? And I taken the tablets from dentist for remove swelling but still swelling is not gone I taken 2 doses of Dr. So please tell me how I can get relief from swelling please help me.

Hello Dr. I want urgent help tuesday night I got pain in ...
You can go for a root canal treatment .if possible .if xray shows that tooth can be saved.
Dear Lybrate user, you have infection in your painful tooth. You should take an IOPA of painful tooth. After IOPA it will be clear that your tooth can be save by RCT or not. If your tooth is in good condition it can be save by RCT & infection will be cure. But if your tooth is grossly decayed or root stump and in poor condition you should extract your tooth. Thalassemia will not cause any difficulty.