I am a 40 year man and got married one year back. My wife and my self done all tests as we consult doctor for having baby. My wife have a thyroid was 9.01 uiu/ml and taking thyroup 25 mg from last six months. Last month we done a test on strip the result was positive but after 8 days her cycle time again period starts again, faced more pain than normal days. Please suggest me how to take care and is any medicine to take for conceiving or have to consult doctor again. Today again I got thyroid report is showing now 6.62 uiu/ml. Should she increase the dose now. Thanks.

I am a 40 year man and got married one year back. My wife...
You need not worry too much and avoid unnecessary stress. Both of you should relax and take things as it comes. At the same time spare some time to exercise every day. Introduce Yoga and pranayam into daily routine. That shall not only improve the overall health and the chances if conception happening naturally, but also help both of you to enjoy life with vitality. Eat only healthy food and avoid outside food and beverages. Have fruits and vegetables everyday. Please do go for health check up frequently and follow the instructions. You can update here all the reports or any relevant information for further clarification.
Mr. lybrate-user, Thanks for the query. Since your wife has hypothyroidism, it is essential to maintain TSH <2 mU/L for conception. Plus later during pregnancy TSH should be: 1st Trimester: 0.1 to 2.5 mU/ L, 2nd Trimester :0 .2 tp 3.0 mU/L & 3rd Trimester 0.3 to 3.0 mU/L. This is very critical. So ensure that her TSH is always around <2 mU/L. That ensures proper growth of the fetus and healthy expected outcome of the pregnancy. If you have any doubts please do come back. Thanks.