Suffering from severe PTSD for three months will I get back to normal? My medication had also started.

PTSD is a disorder that develops in some people who have experienced a shocking, scary, or dangerous event. It is natural to feel afraid during and after a traumatic situation. Fear triggers many split-second changes in the body to help defend against danger or to avoid it. This “fight-or-flight” response is a typical reaction meant to protect a person from harm. Nearly everyone will experience a range of reactions after trauma, yet most people recover from initial symptoms naturally. Those who continue to experience problems may be diagnosed with PTSD. People who have PTSD may feel stressed or frightened even when they are not in danger. Flashbacks—reliving the trauma over and over, including physical symptoms like a racing heart or sweating Bad dreams Frightening thoughts Staying away from places, events, or objects that are reminders of the traumatic experience Avoiding thoughts or feelings related to the traumatic eventBeing easily startled Feeling tense or “on edge” Having difficulty sleeping Having angry outbursts Trouble remembering key features of the traumatic event Negative thoughts about oneself or the world Distorted feelings like guilt or blame Loss of interest in enjoyable activities For children the symptoms are different. Consult a psychiatrist and take treatment. All the best.