is one of the reason for hairfall
Dandruff may be the result of a dry scalp, or a skin condition called seborrheic dermatitis
. It could also be caused by eczema
, or, very commonly, an overgrowth of a yeastlike fungus called malassezia.
You must try natural way to treat dandruff -
1 Tea tree oil - One study showed that shampoos with just 5 percent tea tree oil significantly improves the severity of dandruff. You can also add a few drops of tea tree oil to your favorite shampoo as you wash normally.
2. Baking soda - Your kitchen could hold the key to an itch-free, flake-free scalp. Wet your hair and then rub a handful of baking soda vigorously into your scalp. Skip the shampoo and go right to rinsing. Baking soda reduces overactive fungi that can cause dandruff. Your hair may get dried out at first, but after a few weeks your scalp will start producing natural oils, leaving your hair softer and free of flakes.
3. Apple cider vinegar - apple cider vinegar as a dandruff treatment
, as the acidity
of apple cider vinegar changes the pH of your scalp, making it harder for yeast to grow. Mix a quarter cup apple cider vinegar with a quarter cup water
in a spray bottle and spritz on your scalp. Wrap your head in a towel and let sit for 15 minutes to an hour, then wash your hair as usual. Do this twice a week.
4. Coconut oil - coconut oil is a "tried and true" dandruff treatment, and it smells nice too. Before showering, massage 3-5 tablespoons of coconut oil into your scalp and let sit for about an hour. Shampoo normally. You can also look for a shampoo that already contains coconut oil.
5. Lemon - Just massage 2 tablespoons lemon juice into your scalp and rinse with water. Then stir 1 teaspoon lemon juice into 1 cup water and rinse your hair with it. Repeat this daily until your dandruff disappears. Lemon's acidity helps balance
the pH of your scalp, which helps keeps dandruff at bay.
6. Table salt - The abrasiveness of ordinary table salt works great for scrubbing out dandruff flakes before you shampoo. Grab a saltshaker and shake some salt onto your dry scalp. Then work it through your hair, giving your scalp a massage. You'll find you've worked out the dry, flaky skin and are ready for a shampoo.
Just try out the above things. Besides this if it doesn't work then you will need a good homeopathic medicine. So do consult a good homeopath
and for my help book an online appointment.