Hi Doctor, My husband underwent endoscopic CSF leak repair along with septoplasty through his right nostril. As the exact location of the leak was not found, based on the presumptions, doctor sealed the soft areas from where the leak was most likely to occur. He found his right nostril wet and recently he got fluid discharge through his left nostril (nearly 8 drops). My question here is, would the leak sealed on the right side can recur in his left side? If so, should he go for another surgery or wait for it to heal by itself. He underwent a great pain in his previous surgery due to the lumbar drain and also find his head heavy as the exact place of leak was not sealed but had many layers of the tissues and muscles filled in the approximate place of leak.

Hi Doctor,
My husband underwent endoscopic CSF leak repai...
There is no need to repeat the surgery to the other nostrils however the complications will get reduced after the healing is totally done. And you can do hot water steaming which will help you to reduce from the symptoms.